CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

4.26.2009

Snickerdoodles
















By: Trisha
From: Lou Ann Kroeger

1 C. soft Shortening
1/2 C. Sugar
2 Eggs
2 3/4 C. Flour
2 t. Cream of Tartar
1 t. Soda
1/2 t. Salt

Blend together the shortening, sugar and eggs. Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture. Roll dough into balls the size of walnuts. Roll in mixture of cinnamon sugar. Place on ungreased cookie pan, Bake at 400 for 8 - 10 minutes.

This recipes says to leave them in ball form and the will flatten out. As you can see in the picture what is a ball stays a ball. I flattened some because that's how I like it. These cookies are harder than others that I've had. I didn't like the first one I had, but they have really grown on me and I think they are super good. I still like the gooey, chewy ones too I just have never made snickerdoodles before so I don't know what recipe it is.

1 comments:

Jamie Hirtle said...

Oh Sister... you should have let me send you a pic of some REALLY yummy looking snickerdoodles. Those were my specialty in junior high/high school. I just made some tonight and they looked like nice round circles... and were yummy too!